Sheet and Coil
Our state-of-the-art equipment for sheet and coil production uses the Continuous Annealing Line with Pre-Treatment (CALP), which enables us to produce sheet and coil in various alloys and tempers, for many industries and a wide variety of applications.
- Aircraft sheet (skin structure)
- Brazing coil and sheet
- Clad fins
- Non-clad fins
- Sheets for inner and outer automotive panel
- Sheets / coils with high surface quality
- Wide and slit coils
- Narrow thin-gauge coil
- 3xxx-5xxx series customized standard coil for coil coating
- Building coil non-clad 3xxx and clad scrap absorbing alloy
Aleris is also a leading supplier of common-alloy, mill-finish (bare) sheet made from recycled aluminum via two different methods: direct-chill and continuous-cast. In direct-chill casting, molten metal is solidified in a water-cooled, open-ended mold and water is applied directly to the emerging ingot. Continuous casting rapidly solidifies molten metal in a cooled mold. The metal is continuously withdrawn and hot rolled while the mold is simultaneously replenished with liquid metal.